There are 5 qualities that a pencil have which, if you manage to hang on to them, will make you a person who is always at peace.
1. You are capable of great things, but you must never forget that there is a Hand guiding your steps.
(Don’t worry He’s plan is always good.)
2. Now and then, you have to stop writing and use a sharpener. It makes the pencil suffer a little, but afterwards, it’s much sharper. So you, too, must learn to bear pains and sorrows because they will make you a better person.
3. The pencil allows us to use an eraser to rub out any mistakes. This means that correcting something we did is not necessarily a bad thing. It helps to keep us on the road to justice.
4. What really matters in a pencil is not its wooden exterior but the graphite inside. So always pay attention to what is happening inside you.
5. It will always leave a mark. In just the same way, you should know that everything you do in life will leave a mark, so try to be conscious of that in your every action.
I think I saw this post on the bulletin board when I was in college and wrote it in my journal. It has no date but it’s the subject #OnLiving.